Welcome to Nordic Pole Walking in the Comox Valley
Nordic pole walking is the fastest growing adult fitness trend in Canada
Did you know?
• Burns 46% more calories over just walking
• Uses 90% of muscles in the body, in every major group
• Improves endurance, mobility, and posture
• Low impact on hip, knee and ankle joints
• Positive effect on cholesterol, blood pressure, bone density
• Enhanced stability, coordination and balance
• Reduces stress, impacts positively on mood
• Gets you outdoors enjoying nature
• You can Nordic walk all year-round.
The Health Benefits of Nordic Pole Walking:
It's a low impact activity that can be done
by everybody, anytime, anywhere.
Learn to Nordic Pole Walk
Small Group Clinics - Two Class Intro to Nordic Pole Walking Technique - $50/person
Training for Times Colonist 10Km
Join us on Sunday, April 30th in Victoria for the TC 10Km
Get the 12 week training program and join us in our training.
Courtenay Recreation Association:
CRA offers an eight week Nordic Pole Walk program - Fall and Spring Sessions
Winter 2017 Session: Starting Friday, 24th
Intro Program • Fridays from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (Beginner fitness level)
This introductory course will train you in the proper Nordic Pole Walk technique for your maximum benefit
Advanced Class • Fridays from 12:30 to 1:30 PM (Active fitness level)
Call the Courtenay Recreation Department to register: 250-338-5371
New this spring at Cumberland Recreation - 8 week program: Call 250-336-2231
Nordic Pole Walk presentations and clinics are available for groups, organizations, and schools.
Call us to learn more about Nordic pole walking! @ 250-897-0654
Nordic Pole Walking Supplies
Group Instructor and Contact Information: Catherine Egan, B.P.E., M.A.,
To Order Poles or Replaceable Rubber Tips Certified Nordixx Pole Walking Instructor
Nordixx Brand • Travellers Poles for Sale: $91.00 (incl. taxes)
• Adjustable from 55cm to 135cm. (21in. to 53in.) Professional Performance Poles
• Detachable Hand Loops, ergonomically shaped for right and left hand
• Fits in a Carry-on Suit Case, 3 Segment Twist-Lock Systems
• Handles: “easy-to-clean” comfortable EVA coating
• Hand Loops: Comfortable fit with “Click-off-System”
• Removable sand baskets
• Blunt carbide tip for soft surfaces
• All-Terrain-Use: Removable Rubber Tips for hard surfaces
All Terrain Rubber Tips
• Rubber Tips
• Ideal for city streets and hard-packed trails.
• For all Nordixx poles Price: $10.00
Fanny Packs: $20.00
Always consult your Physiotherapist, Physician or other Health Professional
before starting or altering any Nordic Pole Walking fitness program.